TO VOLUNTEER AS A FRIEND, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
The Middleton Friends of the Library actively works to raise funds and supports the Middleton Public Library.
Members of the Friends of the Library help with large scale events, organize and work at quarterly book sales, and may volunteer in the library in a variety of positions. The Friends of the Library also has carts in the library selling used books and DVD’s to help raise funds for library projects. The Friends meet once a month usually on the first Monday at 9:00 a.m. in the library unless the Monday is a holiday and the library is closed. (The library is at 307 Cornell St., across the street from the trolley station). We are always looking for more Friends and would love to have you join us in our efforts as we support the library.
If you can spare a few hours once a quarter, always need assistance with our book sales. If you have an hour every other week, the book sale carts in the library need to be refilled and organized. Even if you have very little time to give, we can find something you can do to help us raise money and make the library a better place for the community!
We really need assistance in the following areas:
- we need a new Board member (we currently need a Treasurer starting on 10/1)
- maintaining the membership list and sending emails/texts to members
- volunteers to work at the quarterly Book Sales (the next one will probably be in November at the United Methodist Church at 104 E. Main St.)
- marketing and public relations
- fundraising ideas a implementation
- helping to stock and maintain the sale carts in the library
- promoting the addition of new members
Some of the items the Friends have contributed to are:
- summer library interns
- large print book donations
- STEM kits
- changing station in the restroom
- the bench and pergola outside the library
- storage closets
To donate through Amazon Smile, please search for Middleton Friends of the Library at smile.amazon.com